For some people volunteering is a first time experience and that’s why it’s good to have an idea of what a typical day as a volunteer look like.
- 08:00: Breakfast, get out from under those woolen blankets and join us for a good meal.
- 09:00-12:00: After breakfast we are off to school or the project you chose to participate in.
Our school typically only teaches the youngest ones in the morning who would often otherwise end up having to help their parents in the fields.
For a list of Active Projects, click to check out our page.
- 13:00: Lunch time! Lunch is very important in our region because people need the fuel to work in the fields in the afternoon. Lunch is a heavy, warm meal in this region of Peru which you’re sure to enjoy.
Right after lunch you usually have an hour to do your own things, or take a well-deserved nap.
- 15:00: Back to school (or the project).
- 17:30: Go back home, the sun goes down and it’s time to prepare dinner!
- 20:00: Dinner is served!
- After dinner you have time to yourself or you can join us for some Blitz card game or make some music! Music runs in the family and we can almost make a complete band with just our family members.
The volunteer work can be anything from teaching to construction. Our projects range from a wide variety of activities and we are sure you will feel comfortable with one of them. Check out the Projects page for an overview.
This is a short list, with some, but not nearly all of the activities:
- General Maintenance
- Handicrafts with the kids
- IT support
- Teaching (for example: English or anything you’d like to contribute)